Personal Injury Attorney – NJ Legal Representation
National Center for Health Statistics states that around 31 million people are injured each year and require medical treatment. This shows accidents can take you by surprise, leaving you with mounting medical expenses, mental distress, and (or) you may be unable to work, or you would require long-term rehabilitation.
If you or someone you know is injured, you may be unsure of how to proceed. You should seek medical care and also consult the best personal injury attorney. NJ citizens, please be advised to not wait to act. Involving a legal professional early on ensures that every step you make is the right one.
What You Should Know about Most Personal Injury Cases in New Jersey
If you were hurt or a loved one died due to negligence of another, there are some basic facts you should know to help you consider a lawsuit.
1. Insurance Companies are NOT Your Friend
In a perfect world, when you’re injured, your insurance company would pay you a fair and immediate settlement for your injuries. The reality is different. They may like you, but they want to keep their money as much as possible.
Often, they aim to limit what they payout in the interest of protecting their profits. Undervaluing your claim may leave you with immediate or long-term financial struggles, especially when you’re incapable of working. It can be in your best interest to consult a New Jersey personal injury attorney to help you arrive at a fair settlement.
2. Personal Injury Cases Can Be More Than Just Physical
Most people associate car accidents with personal injuries. Personal injury lawsuits may relate to defective products, animal attacks (dog bites), accidents caused by unsafe buildings, and wrongful death.
Although bodily injury and property damages make up a significant number of personal injury cases, the law also covers mental distress (insomnia and depression) and lost wages due to an injury as well.
3. A New Jersey Personal Injury Attorney Can Provide Peace of Mind
A competent legal practitioner understands your physical, mental, and financial hardships and works tirelessly to help you receive adequate compensation. Working with a personal injury lawyer in New Jersey relieves stress, offers peace of mind, and allows you to focus on recovery.
4. Cases May Settle Out of Court or Go to Trial
The best personal injury attorneys strive to settle your case out of court through a mediation process or negotiations with a representative from insurance providers to lower court costs and legal fees. A professional New Jersey attorney can help you achieve a timely yet agreeable settlement on your behalf. However, there are times when you have to take your case to trial when the settlement offers are unfair so it’s important you line up the best personal injury attorney NJ has to offer.
5. Remember, Time is Crucial
Simply, the statute of limitations is the time you have to pursue legal action for compensation (in this case, it’s 2 to 3 years from the date of the injury). Thus, it’s important to consult a personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
A legal practitioner can guide you on collecting evidence, accessing law enforcement reports, and ensure you have the proper medical records to support your claim.
6. Compensation Depends on the Circumstances
Several situations determine compensation. It may include money for past and future medical care, loss of past or future earnings, property damage, and pain and suffering.
A wrongful death claim provides compensation to surviving loved ones. It may include funeral and burial expenses, loss of financial support, pre-death medical care, and loss of companionship or consortium.
A New Jersey personal injury attorney will help you understand how much your claim is worth and the best actions to take to ensure you are rightfully compensated.
5 Tips On How to Choose the Best Personal Injury Attorney NJ Has To Offer
Now that you know more about personal injury cases, it’s imperative that you have an experienced personal injury attorney to help you. How do you know who the best personal injury attorney is for you? Here are 5 tips:
- A first impression dictates the whole process. – Is it easy to communicate with an attorney or get hold of them when you call the office for the first time? The legal process is going to be stressful. You need a New Jersey law firm that makes it easy to communicate with them, and you should receive answers to your questions.
- Experience is key. – The attorney should have an immense understanding of personal injury cases and a proven track record of successfully helping clients. Further, you would have a significant advantage in your case if the expert knows the local courts of New Jersey (the unique court procedures and is familiar with the staff).
- Look for outstanding reviews. – Hire a personal injury attorney that has achieved excellence while defending their clients. An accomplished attorney receives outstanding reviews from past clients, judges, and other legal representatives.
- Reasonable attorneys don’t promise a win. – An attorney who guarantees you’ll win your case is just not being honest. No one can know the outcome of a claim but know the difference between confidence and false promises.
- A legal practitioner should prep and guide you. – Hire a legal professional that is ready to help you prepare details of events (your side of the story). They should also guide you on how to provide information that could assist your case.
- Address the legal fees. – Be wary of an injury attorney that quotes a too-good-to-be-true price (their experience may be wanting, or there may be hidden charges). Work with a personal injury attorney in New Jersey that spells out the terms and explains the charges. Discuss the payment plans upfront, and the legal practitioner should be willing to provide a signed written contract.
Looking for the Best Personal Injury Attorney NJ Citizens Vouch For?
It doesn’t matter in which county you need legal support.
We’re ready to help you all over NJ, whichever county you need, like Middlesex County, Essex County, Bergen County, Morris County, Somerset County.
Lord and Kobrin, LLC have an extensive record of success in New Jersey personal injury cases. Our legal knowledge and negotiating skills are backed by valuable trial experience. We have the resources to investigate and aggressively pursue your claim thoroughly. Contact us today to set up a consultation with the best personal injury attorney NJ citizens trust.